Panhandle Butterfly House - Navarre, Florida
Location: 8581 Navarre Parkway, (Hwy. 98) at the foot of the Navarre bridge
Mail Address: P. O. Box 5208, Navarre, FL 32566
larger versions of most images
are available by clicking on the image
Be a Butterfly Buddy!
The Panhandle Butterfly House relies on voluntary donations for operational funding and on volunteer support to maintain the building and gardens located on Highway 98 at the foot of Navarre Beach Bridge.
A major expense is purchasing butterflies to maintain a consistent inventory of varieties, because an individual butterfly may live only 3-4 weeks. It costs $14,000 annually to buy butterflies from our Florida supplier. Each weekly shipment costs $350.00. We work hard to "grow our own" butterflies, and these do contribute to our display, but we can't collect and grow the quantity and variety of butterflies required for our exhibit.
We are reaching out for partners to help supply butterflies through our Butterfly Buddy program.
Businesses, community groups and individuals are invited to purchase all or a portion of a week’s shipment of butterflies.
In return for your support, you will receive:
- Recognition on our Butterfly Buddy plaque at the Panhandle Butterfly House.
- A sign you can post at your business for the year, recognizing you as a Butterfly Buddy.
- Your name or business name will be posted on this website and if you supply the information, we will link to YOUR website. Internet linkage is a very valuable promotional tool.
- If you or your business supplies an entire week’s shipment of butterflies, a $350 donation, in addition to the above, you and up to 12 guests will be invited to help release your butterflies in what is always an exciting and special event in the vivarium.
- Individuals, businesses and community organizations are welcome to supply a portion of the cost with a minimum donation of $100 and receive recognition on our donor plaque at the House and by a listing on our website.
- And our gratitude for your support of our educational exhibit!
There is no limit to the number of weeks you can participate. And all donations are fully tax-deductible. We are a 501(C)3 non-profit organization.
Methods of Donation
Donate by Cash - You can complete a form in advance and bring it with you to the Panhandle Butterfly House
Donate by Check - You can complete a form and mail it to Panhandle Butterfly House, P. O. Box 5208, Navarre, FL 32566
Donate by credit card or PayPal account - be sure and indicate that this is a Butterfly Buddy donation!
Email us for more information or you may call 850-623-3868 or Fax 850-623-6151.
Thank you for considering this worthy tourism and education-based program.
Comment about our website? Contact us!
Copyright 2007-2013 by the Panhandle Butterfly House and/or webmaster